Over recent months, Global Law Experts (GLE) www.globallawexperts.com has conducted its extensive nomination and research process for the 9th Annual GLE Awards. The shortlisted candidates were judged on client testimonials, key cases, legal rankings, overall reputation, publication contributions, speaking engagements and the general performance and standing of teams and individuals.I am pleased to confirm that your firm has been chosen as the winner in the category – Business Structuring Solicitors of the Year in England – 2018. During the recommendations stage we received over 180,000 responses from business directors, in-house legal counsel, independent law firms, business consultants, high net-worth individuals, bar association members, visitors to the GLE website and LinkedIn users. These recommendations were combined with GLE’s own independent research in order to create a shortlist for each award category….I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on winning the award. Kind regards, Ben Thomas, Awards Secretary”
“Thank you for the contracts and delighted. Thank you again, you took away all the stress ? ”
Heather White, Smarter Networking
“Andrew from OnHand Counsel legal services in St Albans has been an amazing help to us over the years. He has helped me personally settle a rather complicated commercial matter involving many months of negotiation and his fair charging structure made this whole situation affordable for me. Andrew has since been on hand for the years following to answer any questions about my business dealings and has made fantastic recommendations of other legal professionals we have needed along the way. I highly recommend Andrew and OnHand Counsel”
Gregory Moulton, Let Me Properties
“In retrospect it was fun”
“Andrew supported us through the negotiation and completion of a trade sale. We were very pleased with the quality of the work and the high level of personal service. Happy to recommend”
OnHand Counsel named ‘Most Innovative Law Firm of 2016, the UK’
My name is Charlotte and I am getting in touch on behalf of Acquisition International Magazine to tell you that, following months of research by our in-house awards team, Onhand Counsel Ltd. has been named the ‘Most Innovative Law Firm of 2016, the UK’.
Here at AI we have spent recent months assessing some of the UK’s most competitive, cutting-edge and inventive law firms to establish those most deserving of one of our prestigious awards.
Only the most innovative of law firms stand out from the crowd in these competitive times and in the modern legal environment the ability and willingness to innovate is crucial. Bearing in mind the competition provided by both international law firms with local offices as well smaller more localised businesses, an inventive and cutting-edge approach is key to remaining competitive in the 21st Century.
Only 1 firm from the UK will be featured in the forthcoming edition, ensuring that you stand out from the competition for services to clients. You are welcome to announce this news publicly, however if you would like this news to reach our 108,500+ subscribers and our 40,000+ per month website visitors, we offer the following packages for your consideration:………
Charlotte, Acquisition International Magazine
When I went to your site I didn’t know whether you would deal with ‘little people’, as it seemed like you only dealt with large commercial clients. So I was relieved when you responded. There are probably a lot of people who need your expertise who are not large commercial clients. We really appreciated your help and engagement with our problem and your no-nonsense, pragmatic but thorough responses. It was reassuring that you were holding our hands through the process. Good to work with you. You’re in our resource book for the future.
LK (consultancy owner)
…I would like to say a very big “Thank You” for all your hard work and
commitment in helping to achieve this deal in such a short space of time, it
shows a standard of professionalism that is rare in the business world. I
would have confidence in recommending you to any one that requires your
Bob Jones (purchaser of accountancy practice)
I hope you don’t mind me referring folks to you, as I have always found your approach collaborative and practical. xxx spoke very highly of you.
– The ability to obtain advice at short notice with minimal need for briefing etc.
– Personal, flexible, responsive service
– Remaining objective and saying it as it is! No jargon to tie me up in knots.
– You have a good network of professionals to call upon – you know a man/woman who can if you can’t!
– Quick responses – don’t have to wait days/weeks for answers.
– I can ask anything and not feel like an idiot! – approachable.
– Extremely helpful and thorough in your research and advice. Willing to talk about things and made me feel at ease.
– You are a ‘human’ and take a genuine interest in the needs of your clients.
– Dealing with one person throughout the process
– Range of services, experience and fee structure
Richard Malone, Hillier Hopkins
– We trust you to understand what we are trying to do.
– Personal touch.
– Commercial approach to solutions rather than risk averse.
– Good quality legal advice from an experienced lawyer at a fair price.
– Having known Andrew for many years, I trust his advice and would recommend his service happily.
Richard Stewart, Director, Mazars Employee Benefits Limited
– Immediacy of advice.
– Professional and approachable.
Paul Vukovich, Formech International
– I like your approach and attitude.
– You are a real person who needs my business. You are entrepreneurial. You know when to bring in other expertise.
– I think you are very unusual for a lawyer. I love your sense of humour. It’s what makes you different and approachable.
Perry Burns, Working Capital Partners
– Expertise and quick access to contract templates.
– Local, personal service.
Lucinda Carney, Advance Change
– Liked your personal service. Your experience produced something that was exactly suitable for us.
– Benefits of ‘London experience’ without London prices. Quick and efficient.
Dale Emery, Clamcleat Limited
– Personal service, you gave me confidence that you knew what you were talking about and that you had our best interest at heart, strong network available to you to give us advice on a range of issues. -You talk to me in a language that I can understand.
– You give me confidence that you will help us achieve the best outcome for our business.
– You gave us great advice and gave us peace of mind regarding our legal position on the matter – you helped our problems go away.
– I would recommend the OnHand Counsel service without doubt – you gave me complete confidence that you would steer us as successfully as was possible through our situation.
Paul Dougal, Hannaford
– Proximity and availability + level-headed advice with a sense of humour thrown in.
– I enjoyed working with Andrew even though the process of extracting myself from the existing company was at times painful. I found him supportive but realistic.
– Good, value for money service.
– Pragmatic, value for money local firm.
Marion Jones, Spotlite Claims
– Over the last ten years Andrew has acted for a number of companies for whom I was acting as CEO/CFO. He has acted on a couple of management buy-outs as well as other M & A work and various other company and commercial work.
– Andrew is a pragmatic and personable lawyer. Do not be fooled by his nonchalant exterior. Andrew has integrity, loyalty and a willingness to go the extra mile.
John Smithurst, Smithurst & Ryan Limited.
– Andrew was recommended to me by a colleague in the UK. Andrew went out of his way to assist me and my colleagues at short notice on an important but unusual and difficult transaction. He quickly identified the major issues and risks involved, and gave some very practical and sensible advice.
Torsten Meyer-Vandenberg, Concert-Channel.biz
– I instructed Andrew on a deal in early 2009 which involved a combination of M&A and joint venture work. Andrew was a very conscientious and effective operator. He immediately understood the objectives and concerns of the parties involved. He added enormous value to the deal process by helping to structure a deal which all parties were happy with, and he put together all the documentation which was needed quickly and efficiently (and very cost-effectively!).
Franz van Dyk. Director, Alchemea Limited.
– I was referred to Andrew by my accountants for assistance in drafting a transaction. Andrew’s experience, practical and sensible advice resulted in clear legal documentation being emailed to me within 24 hours! His continued guidance coupled with swift response times made the process smooth and straightforward. I will be using his services again and would not hesitate in recommending him.
Farhan Ebrahimjee. Director, London Eyewear Ltd.
– If you want a really good business lawyer at your side, then Andrew is the lawyer for you. I have instructed him on a number of occasions (both acting as MD for large companies and on my own as a business consultant), ranging from dealing with a major customer which was going into liquidation, where Andrew’s assistance was pivotal in urgently recovering a large amount of money, to sitting down with me and drafting an innovative limited liability partnership agreement from scratch in one half day session. So Andrew is clearly extremely competent, and very adaptable in what he can do. With his network of experienced specialist lawyers it really is worth talking to Andrew first whenever you need any legal work done for your business.
John Fordham, JetStream Profit.
– I have known Andrew for over 10 years and he has been a trusted source of sensible and expert legal advice over that time. Many organisations struggle to find a pragmatic and cost effective solution to the issue of accessing decent legal guidance from a suitably experienced lawyer and Andrew solves that problem.
Richard Stewart. Director, Redbourne Limited.
– I have known Andrew for many years, and have worked with him on a range of things from corporate transactions to sorting out the constitutions of golf clubs! Andrew has a very strong skills set which he can apply to a broad range of corporate and commercial matters. He quickly spots where the real issues lie and suggests creative and effective ways to resolve them and to get deals done. He is reliable and responsive and I would be happy to recommend him to any business owner who wants a pragmatic business lawyer offering excellent value for money and with a refreshingly personal touch.
Robert Twydle. Partner, Hillier Hopkins LLP.
– I was referred to Andrew via Business Link following a request for legal advice on some company documentation. He answered my initial enquiry promptly and set up an initial consultation meeting for the following day. Andrew was able to give me some good advice which has enabled me to move forward with one of the key areas relating to my business. I would recommend his services to anyone in the early stages of setting up a business.
Andy Grant. Director, Blue Marble Recruitment Limited.
– I met with Andrew initially following a referral via Business Link for some advice on contracts and insurance requirements. He gave me some very good advice then and whenever we have spoken since. He has given me confidence and reassurance and I would have no hesitation in recommending his services.
Alison Page. ACP Marketing.
– I have worked with Andrew on several occasions when Andrew was acting for various investors on a wide range of deals from a West Indies hotel development to soft furry electronic toys. Andrew is very conscientious, has very strong lawyering skills, is intelligent, enquiring and perceptive, and adds value to any deal. We have always been very pleased with his service and are happy to recommend him.
Graham Payne. Finance Director, McGee Group Limited.
– I have instructed Andrew in the past on a variety of M&A deals. Andrew is an understated but effective operator. He has an enquiring, pragmatic and solutions-driven approach, unlike the ‘checklist’ approach so many lawyers take, which means that he can add value on a wide variety of deals and issues. Andrew is genuinely interested in his clients and the issues they face, and is a pleasure to deal with.
Roy Simmons. Director, Roy Simmons Marketing Consultants Limited.
– I had need to pass a Client to an experienced Company Commercial Solicitor and Andrew James matched my Client’s needs exactly. On passing the details across, Andrew immediately grasped the complexities of the transaction, advised the Client and was able to steer the matter to a swift and satisfactory conclusion. Both my Client and I were impressed with Andrew’s depth of knowledge, experience and the swift response to the varied issues that arose and by the detailed documents he prepared. Andrew successfully beat deadlines and quietly but confidently overcame any problem that arose. He exceeded both my Client’s and my own expectations and I will have no hesitation in recommending him again.
Ian Brand, Ian Brand Solicitors
360 feedback: the following comments were made about Andrew by solicitors in Andrew’s department at a previous firm when asked for their feedback on the partners in that department:
- ‘the best lawyer’;
- ‘a respected lawyer’;
- ‘the most intelligent’;
- ‘the most approachable’;
- ‘a naturally gifted lawyer’;
- ‘he will always pick up on the right issues quickly’;
- ‘technically very competent’;
- ‘good motivator’;
- ‘gives up his time generously and enjoys seeing others progress’;
- ‘honesty and integrity’;
- ‘rapid identification of the important client issues’;
- ‘easiest to deal with’;
- ‘enjoys close loyal relationships’;
- ‘very good at drafting agreements’;
- ‘no interest in status’;
- ‘possibly too nice to be really successful’;
- ‘prone to thinking aloud which can confuse people’ (no-one’s perfect!-ed)
Call Andrew to discuss your needs